CoastXP COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policy
As a responsible tour operator, we are committed to providing our guests with unforgettable nature-based tours in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie. COVID-19 restrictions have begun to be eased across New South Wales and Australia, but we must not be complacent. As such, CoastXP has taken a number of additional measures to keep our experiences as safe and as comfortable as possible for our guests.
NOTE: these measures are subject to change depending on Local, State and Federal requirements surrounding COVID-19. Updates to CoastXP’s operations will be available on this page, and will also be communicated to existing customers.
In line with the latest government advice, we recommend you download the COVIDSAFE APP.
CoastXP’s latest safety measures are based on the latest COVID-19 infection rates in our region, at the current time these rates are low, and therefore participating in CoastXP experiences poses a low-risk. This may be subject to change.
While CoastXP is fortunate to operate in an open-air environment, including aboard our custom-built vessel (Atmos) where passengers are not seated face to face. Although, it is critical that crew and passengers practice the appropriate hygiene procedures to keep everyone safe.
Our latest safety measures are detailed below:
- Guests will be encouraged not to congregate whilst participating in CoastXP experiences.
- Guests will be required to apply an alcohol-based hand sanitiser prior to commencing the experience.
- Aboard our custom-built vessel, soap, water and paper towels will be made available for any passengers requiring the use of the toilet.
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected before and after each tour using an alcohol-based sanitiser – as per Safe Work Australia guidelines.
- All bookings and waivers will be contactless.
- CoastXP has informed all staff of the risks of COVID-19, as well as implementing new policies and procedures to keep staff and guests safe.
- Guests will be greeted from a safe distance and not greeted with a handshake.
- Guests are required to help stop the spread of coronavirus while following government advice for COVID-19, this includes coughing or sneezing into your elbow, using a tissue and binning the tissue and washing your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- CoastXP’s safety and risk management procedures have been updated in accordance with the latest government advice and regulations surrounding COVID-19.
- This webpage will be supplied to all guests.
Once booked on a CoastXP Experience:
- (While not a requirement) guests are welcome to wear a face-covering/mask when participating in CoastXP experiences. Wearing a face-covering/mask provides an additional physical barrier to protect the community and help reduce community transmission. More information on face masks can be found – here.
- CoastXP would usually offer premium weatherproof jackets to all customers aboard our custom-built vessel, unfortunately, in light of COVID-19 requirements, we request passengers bring their own warm clothing.
- All guests will be contacted the day prior to your experience and will be asked the questions below, in order to keep everyone safe. Should you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions, or be unwell on the day of the tour, unfortunately, you will not be permitted to join the tour on that date. Instead, you may re-schedule to another date. Alternatively, you may be entitled to a gift card valid for a period of three years, or a full refund. If you are unwell, it is your responsibility to notify CoastXP. To contact CoastXP – click here. Guests wishing to reschedule or change their booking up until 48 hours prior to departure will be subject to CoastXP’s standard terms and conditions.
- Have you returned from any overseas travel within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days? (including but not limited to fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing)
- Have you visited any of the known COVID-19 locations (venues) in New South Wales in the last 14 days? (A list of affected locations can be found – here)
In addition to the above questionnaire, to find out if you meet the Australian Government guidelines for coronavirus (COVID-19) testing – try this online tool.
For guests participating in CoastXP experiences, a digital waiver can be found – here.
For more Frequently Asked Questions – click here.
For full Terms and Conditions – click here.
Your assistance in following CoastXP’s latest safety procedures will be greatly appreciated, and we look forward to providing you with an unforgettable experience!