CoastXP COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policy
As a responsible tour operator, we are committed to providing our guests with unforgettable nature-based tours in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie. COVID-19 restrictions have begun to be eased across New South Wales and Australia, but we must not be complacent. As such, CoastXP has taken a number of additional measures to keep our experiences as safe and as comfortable as possible for our guests.
NOTE: these measures are subject to change depending on Local, State and Federal requirements surrounding COVID-19. Updates to CoastXP’s operations will be available on this page, and will also be communicated to existing customers.
In line with the latest government advice, we recommend you download the COVIDSAFE APP.
CoastXP’s latest safety measures are based on the latest COVID-19 infection rates in our region, at the current time these rates are low, and therefore participating in CoastXP experiences poses a low-risk. This may be subject to change.
While CoastXP is fortunate to operate in an open-air environment, including the fact passengers are not seated face to face, it is critical that crew and passengers practice effective physical distancing and hygiene procedures to keep everyone safe.
Our latest safety measures are detailed below:
- Passenger numbers may be limited to allow for physical distancing requirements, seats may be allocated on the day to allow for passengers to maintain a safe distance. Passengers from the same household will be permitted to sit together.
- Passengers will be reminded to constantly maintain a safe (physical) distance from crew and other passengers whilst participating in CoastXP experiences.
- Passengers will be required to apply an alcohol-based hand sanitiser prior to boarding the vessel.
- Soap, water and paper-towels will be made available for any passengers requiring the use of the toilet.
- Crew will conduct safety briefings from the wharf, to allow for additional physical distancing.
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected before and after each tour using an alcohol-based sanitiser – as per Safe Work Australia guidelines.
- All bookings and waivers will be contactless.
- CoastXP has informed all crew of the risks of COVID-19, as well as implementing new policies and procedures to keep crew and passengers safe.
- Passengers will be greeted from a safe distance and not greeted with a handshake.
- Passengers are required to help stop the spread of coronavirus while following government advice for COVID-19, this includes coughing or sneezing into your elbow, using a tissue and binning the tissue and washing your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- CoastXP’s safety and risk management procedures have been updated in accordance with the latest government advice and regulations surrounding COVID-19.
- This webpage will be supplied to all passengers.
Once booked on a CoastXP Tour:
- CoastXP would usually offer premium weatherproof jackets to all customers aboard our tours, unfortunately in light of COVID-19 requirements, we request passengers bring their own warm clothing. Passengers will be reminded of this the day prior to the tour.
- Should there be more passengers booked than physical distancing requirements allow on an individual tour, passengers may be requested to move to a different tour.
- All passengers will be contacted the day prior to your tour and will be asked the questions below, in order to keep everyone safe. Should you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions, or be unwell on the day of the tour, unfortunately you will not be permitted to join the tour on that date. Instead, you may re-schedule to another date. Alternatively, you may be entitled to a gift card valid for a period of three years, or a full refund. If you are unwell it is the passenger’s responsibility to notify CoastXP. To contact CoastXP – click here. Passengers wishing to reschedule or change their booking up until 48 hours prior to departure will be subject to CoastXP’s standard terms and conditions.
- Have you returned from any overseas travel within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days? (including but not limited to a fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing)
- Have you visited any of Victoria’s ‘COVID-19 hot zones’ in the last 14 days? (A list of affected suburbs can be found – here)
In addition to the above questionnaire, to find out if you meet the Australian Government guidelines for coronavirus (COVID-19) testing – try this online tool.
For passengers travelling on CoastXP tours, a digital waiver can be found – here.
For more Frequently Asked Questions – click here.
For full Terms and Conditions – click here.
Your assistance in following CoastXP’s latest safety procedures will be greatly appreciated, and we look forward to providing you with an unforgettable experience!