CoastXP COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policy
As a responsible tour operator, we are committed to providing our guests with unforgettable nature-based tours in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie. CoastXP has taken a number of additional measures to keep our experiences as safe and as comfortable as possible for our guests.
NOTE: these measures are subject to change depending on Local, State and Federal requirements surrounding COVID-19. Updates to CoastXP’s operations will be available on this page, and will also be communicated to existing customers.
CoastXP’s safety measures are based on the latest health advice from the NSW Government and NSW Health; and in line with the latest government advice, we recommend guests download the Service NSW app.
CoastXP is a registered COVID-safe business that has a rigorous COVID-19 Safety Plan in place for its customers and staff, this plan is subject to change depending on Local, State and Federal requirements surrounding COVID-19.
At CoastXP we’re fortunate to operate in an open-air environment, including aboard our custom-built vessel (Atmos) where passengers are not seated face to face. Although, it is still critical that staff and guests practice the appropriate hygiene procedures to keep everyone safe.
Our latest safety measures are detailed below:
- Guests will be encouraged not to congregate whilst participating in CoastXP experiences.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser is available to all guests prior to commencing their experience.
- Aboard our custom-built vessel, soap, water and paper towels will be made available for any passengers requiring the use of the toilet.
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected before and after each tour using an alcohol-based sanitiser – as per Safe Work Australia guidelines.
- All bookings and waivers will be contactless.
- All CoastXP staff are fully vaccinated and understand the risks of COVID-19. CoastXP has implemented a number of new policies and procedures to keep staff and guests safe.
- Guests will be greeted from a safe distance and not greeted with a handshake.
- Guests are required to help stop the spread of coronavirus while following government advice for COVID-19, this includes coughing or sneezing into your elbow, using a tissue and binning the tissue and washing your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- CoastXP’s safety and risk management procedures have been updated in accordance with the latest government advice and regulations surrounding COVID-19.
- This webpage is supplied to all guests.
Once booked on a CoastXP Experience:
- All guests must follow the latest public health order requirements set out by the NSW Government.
- Should you be displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 on the day of your tour, unfortunately, you will not be permitted to join the tour on that date. Instead, you may re-schedule to another date. Alternatively, you may be entitled to a gift card valid for a period of three years, or a full refund. If you are unwell, it is your responsibility to notify CoastXP. To contact CoastXP – click here. Guests wishing to reschedule or change their booking up until 48 hours prior to departure will be subject to CoastXP’s standard terms and conditions.