Discover the rich biodiversity and rugged coastline of Lake Macquarie on our Caves Coastal Hike. Begin at Caves Beach before heading off on a relaxed guided coastal leisure hike through the Wallarah National Park. The hike focuses on Aboriginal Heritage, local geology, coastal history as well as the flora and fauna native to the park.
The peninsula boasts a plethora of natural and man-made points of interest including sea caves, native wildlife and a rugged coastline. The 2.5-hour, 8.5km guided hike traverses through a spotted gum woodland, in addition to sand and rocky tracks. Experience the stunning coastal scenery of Lake Macquarie by foot, as your guide takes you through some of the most iconic and picturesque areas of the National Park.
At CoastXP, we emphasise throughout these hikes the importance of respecting and conserving our local coastal environment, in order to enjoy this area for years to come. In addition to the guided tour, the hike also includes all entry fees into the Wallarah National Park and a complimentary beverage at Caves Coastal Bar and Bungalows following the hike.
- Guided ecotourism experience
- Wallarah National Park
- Local knowledge of the coastline
- Commentary surrounding local Aboriginal heritage and native wildlife
- Complimentary high-quality digital images of your hike (perfect for sharing with friends and family)
Duration: 2.5 hour hike (plus a drink at the end)
Experience the rugged beauty of the Wallarah National Park Peninsula!
Hikes depart from Caves Beach Lookout, above to the Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club.
- Minimum age is eight years old.
- Guided coastal bushwalking is a physical activity that involves a moderate level of exertion and uneven terrain.